This article outlines the process of connecting to your lab virtual machine nodes, making changes, and ensuring your lab will behave as expected when deployed.
Learning Lab Builder nodes are virtual machines that you can configure, install software, and prep for secure internal and easily managed labs.
Step 1: Before proceeding here please review and complete the steps in:
Once you have completed these prerequisite steps, do the following to customize and prepare your lab:
Step 2: Power on your Learning Lab Builder nodes and ensure you can log into them.
Step 3: Once connected, you can customize your nodes and test your course content. Install and configure software the same way you would on any Windows or Linux machine.
Some important notes about Learning Lab Builder:
- Learning Lab Builder nodes have Internet access to allow customization.
- Once completed and deployed, for security reasons, nodes will not have Internet access by default.
- Software, configuration changes, folders, and files on the nodes will remain.
- Your completed Learning Lab labs can communicate directly with each other and with the associated Virtual Desktop. You may want to remove any extra files such as software installers and empty the trash before submitting your Learning Lab for approval.
You should prepare your lab nodes just as you want them to show up for your students.
- To ensure a great academic experience, you will want to be sure to test your labs completely before submitting it for approval.
Step 4: Submit for Review
Once you complete building your lab, you will submit it for a technical review, before it will be deployed to your students. You can learn more about the review process, please see Lab Review